Thursday, July 24, 2008

What can you listen to on the road?

I admit to being a podcaster. Each day I bring up iTunes and it automatically downloads the latest broadcasts from Dave Ramsey (Christian-based, but great financial advice for anyone) and Dennis Prager, my favorite talk show. Ramsey's full podcast without commercials is subscription based, Prager's is free. I also download the Mars Hill Audio Journal, with Ken Myers, a wonderful bimonthly or so set of entertaining and informative interviews with a Christian slant on government, books, music, authors, faith practices, all kinds of things. Mars Hill is less than $30/year for podcasts (MP3.)

I really did try the OCD thing, purchasing CME on CD. Maybe your specialty is more dramatic, but listening to a guy drone on about the various immunostains useful for discriminating between Mantle Cell and Marginal Zone lymphoma was a problem for me on I-25. Talk radio is loud and there are a lot of strange commercials. Sports radio didn't do it for me. Music alone is OK but sometimes I'm a LITTLE bit OCD and want information.

Getting started can be a bit weird if you're not a techno-nerd, but it's definitely worth it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?