Sunday, May 25, 2008

DenverDoc in North Carolina

DenverDocWife found us a vacation spot in Holden Beach, NC many years ago and we've come back every year. This year for the first time I attended Holden Beach Chapel. It was packed! I'm used to our Evangelical services back home, and the more liturgical service was a nice change. The preacher was a Methodist, which hearkens back to my conversion in Salt Lake City at a Methodist church. On May 24, 1738, John Wesley wrote,

"I felt my heart strangely warmed...and an assurance was given me that he had taken away MY sins, even MINE and had saved ME from the law of sin and death."

Wesley had already been a successful evangelist for several years at this point. It just goes to show how mysterious the Lord is and how individual the walk of faith. Wesley came suddenly one Wednesday night to the realization that Christ went to the cross for HIM alone as much as for all the masses.

The preacher also told a story about Billy Graham's wife, alone with the kids while Billy was out preaching. A friend told her to rephrase John 3:16 personally: For God so loved ME that he sent his only begotten son, that I might have eternal life...

It was good. I walked out refreshed and ready for more recreation with my family.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?