Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Proverbs for Docs and Dentists?

This month, finally, I've started working my way through Proverbs. It is apparently well known that you can do one chapter a day and work your way through it in one month. Obviously today is chapter 10.

Proverbs 10:27. The fear of the Lord adds length to life, but the years of the wicked are cut short.

Somewhere, I've seen studies that show that people who attend religious services regularly are healthier and live longer than matched controls. Seems like God, who wrote us a handbook, actually knew what he was doing.


Here's another conundrum. We all know that studies have shown that married men live longer than single men. We also know that many diseases are caused by stress. Having been married for 26 years to a wonderful woman, and having raised three daughters (the youngest is now 20!) I cannot reconcile my two previous statements. Can you?


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?